About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Today Will Be Better...

Yesterday was not my best demonstration of parenting.  Timmy woke up obscenely early (3:30) and could not be rocked back to sleep. He didn't feel well and was tired, a combination which always leads to a crabby toddler. Nothing I did could soothe him, and he was just plain miserable all day.

We spent an inordinate amount of time flipping between Thomas the Train cartoons ("Oh bother!") and Paw Patrol.  I was exhausted from getting up with him, so my affect wasn't much better than his. Basically we were two grumpy and tired souls trying to get through the day until it was time to go to bed.

Hopefully today is better for both of us. It is 6:30 and he is still asleep.  This is a rare for him, and I'm taking it as a good sign that he is catching up on some much needed sleep.  Because he slept well, I was able to get to bed early. Today will be better because he deserves a happy Mom, and I miss my sweet little mischief maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment