About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Circle Time Pumpkins

 Yesterday was the final Circle Time class for the week. We closed out "pumpkin" week with another day of singing, reading a book and creating a craft. This week's book was one of my favorite Halloween stories, "It's a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." Timmy, familiar with the story because of the cartoon, paid attention throughout the reading.

After the story was read, the teacher led the kids in a discussion about the story. She asked everybody how they would feel if they went trick-or-treating and only received rocks. One student quickly replied that she would feel sad. Another claimed that they would tell their mom and one little girl said that she would probably cry. 

When the teacher directed the same question to Timmy, I could see his mind turning. After a long pause, he plainly declared that he would "take the rock and throw it at them. Then I would hit them with Momom's hard leg. Then I would grab the candy bag and run up a tree."

We spent the rest of the class muted by the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment