About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Phantom Pain Returns

Phantom pain decided to pay a visit last night. As is usual to its arrival, I had no warning or idea that my night was going to be miserable. Around 3 AM I woke up with the sadistic stinging in my limb, heralding the arrival of my unwelcome midnight visitor.

I tossed and turned for the rest of the night, desperate to find a position that would provide relief. I was moderately successful for 30-45 minutes at a time, but the pain always returned. Needless to say, I was miserable and this morning I am dragging.

I suspect that it will be a multiple cups of coffee morning to keep me going. I didn't sleep well, and our schedule is packed. I wish I could take a nap, but with both kiddos virtually schooling, it just isn't possible. Instead I will rely upon caffeine and adrenaline to keep me moving.

Have I mentioned how much I hate phantom pain?


No comments:

Post a Comment