About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Midnight Mess...

I guess I should first explain that I use a Proprio foot by Ossur. This is the world's first, and only, computerized ankle system. It has been an absolute godsend. When I'm walking, the computer system analyzes my gait and lifts up the toe appropriately. Hence, no more tripping over the prosthetic. It has completely changed my life, and I will write more in detail in the future.

Like most electronic devices, I need to plug my leg in every night to recharge the battery. Every night, when I take off my leg, I plug it in next to my bed and don't think about it until the morning. This has never been an issue, until last night.

Robby (my little boy) was having a difficult time sleeping. He was starting to cry, so "Mommy instinct" took over. I put my liner and leg on in record time, and took off running to his bedroom. Unfortunately, I forgot to unplug the cord.

I pulled the charger out of the wall, dragging it behind me. The charger caught on the baby gate, knocking it down. The gate hit the nightstand on its way down, hitting our sweet sleeping kitty and knocking over a full glass of root beer. The root beer then went flying, and splattered all over the white carpet in the bedroom.

Maybe I should suggest they come up with a break away cord for the midnight Mommy. Anybody know how to get root beer out of white carpet?

No comments:

Post a Comment