About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Mental Health Day

Please excuse the brevity of this blog. Yesterday I was poked and prodded so much that I was beginning to feel like a Thanksgiving turkey! I was left physically and emotionally drained.

Despite the repeated "indecent exposures," the tests went as well as could be expected. I survived relatively unscathed and, with the exception of my modesty, left the hospital no worse for the wear. Although I initially felt well, I began to feel both toxic and sore as the evening wore on. By the time the sun set, I was ready to crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep.

I think that I would have felt better last night had I been able to come home and relax. As Murphy's Law would have it, our neighbor's electrician mistakenly blew the transformer for the entire street leaving us without power for several hours. Although I normally would never complain about going out to dinner, the last thing I wanted to do was sit in a crowded restaurant and try to entertain Robby!

I'm tired, worn out, and on edge today. I know that the physical symptoms will pass quickly. My anxiety will  fade only when I receive the results. Hopefully they'll come soon. In the meantime, I think I'm going to just hide in bed for much of the day. I think I deserve a mental health day!

No comments:

Post a Comment