About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Busy Weekend Ahead

Yesterday morning Mr. Bill accompanied me to Robby's school to review the drop-off procedures. In preparation for the baby being born, he has offered to chauffeur Robby to and from school each day. In reality, his "offering" was more of a declaration of calling dibs on the task. He loves taking Robby to school, and I am fairly certain he would be disappointed if I didn't allow him to help in this capacity.

After dropping off Robby, we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. During warmer weather, Robby occupies himself by "helping" with whatever yard work and landscaping Mr. Bill was toiling with while I took the opportunity to sit and chat for a few minutes. Although our visits were brief, they were frequent and added some continuity to our day. With this winter being so cold and snowy, we have all opted to hibernate for the past few weeks.   I've missed seeing him and hearing his stories, and it was nice to catch up and talk.

When I came home from breakfast, I sat on the couch to get some work done. I woke up 2 hours later. Apparently I was more tired than I thought! I have to admit, while I wasn't anticipating a nap,I certainly woke up feeling refreshed.  Thankfully I woke up in time for my OB/GYN appointment. The baby is growing as expected and everything appears to be on track for a healthy delivery. I can deal with my own health complications as long as I know that the baby is fine!

It's a good thing that I was able to take a nap yesterday morning, because we are gearing up for a busy weekend. In addition to the regular weekend errands, Robby has been invited (and has RSVP's) to three birthday parties and one St. Patrick's Day scavenger hunt. He is over-the-moon with his social calendar. My mind is scrambling trying to fit in everything while still remaining "relaxed." Something tells me that relaxation is nothing but a pipe dream for the next few days!

Although our schedule is going to be hectic, I wouldn't have it any other way. Robby is extremely social and has been looking forward to each party since receiving the invitations. He certainly doesn't care if the laundry doesn't get washed, the house stays cluttered and the grocery shopping never gets done. All he cares about is playing with his friends, having fun and eating a lot of cake. I just love his priorities, and I'm looking forward to a weekend of watching him have fun with his friends. I know that we'll be busy, but I'm going to try to calm down and enjoy this time. After all, the housework and errands will still be there on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment