About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Surgery Day

Today is the day I have been dreading for three years, ever since the surgeon first recommended a major revision surgery on my limb. I have managed to delay and postpone the inevitable, but the pain has simply become too much to bear. Motivated to be able to care for Timmy and Robby, I have decided to proceed with the surgery.

I am dreading the nightmarish pain that I will endure later today and tonight. I know that it will wane and that I will be more comfortable in the long run, but in the short term things are going to be rough. I am going to try to go into survival mode, just trying to get through the hours until the pain begins to dissipate.

My Mom is here to help take care of Timmy (Robby is fairly self-supporting) which is a huge relief. I know that I will still fuss and worry, but having her take the lead during the next few days will be a godsend.  I know that he is in good hands!

I hate surgery, and I resent the fact that I have to undergo yet another procedure. In a few hours I can start to concentrate on healing and recovery. Hopefully neither will take as long as I fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment