About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snow Science

Yesterday's snow was lousy for snowballs but perfect for sledding.  It took a few turns down the hill, but he finally managed to cut a good sized sled path through the snow.  From the window I watched the friends sled, then stop and chat for a few minutes before returning to the hill.  It didn't take me long to realize that they were scheming.

Within the hour the pair came barreling inside, tracking snow through the house and requesting flowering cans. When they finally calmed down enough to talk coherently, they complained that snow wasn't fast enough. With water dripping all over the floor from my melting snow buddies, they finally got around to proposing their plan to  make the run faster. 

I finally acquiesced and allowed them to cart watering cans of water outside to sprinkle on the sled path. As predicted, it was bone chilling cold outside so the water froze quickly.  Within minutes the little snow scientists were whizzing down their ice hill on the jet ski sled.  It looked so much fun that I decided to leave Hamlet in Scott's capable hands and I bundled up to head outside. 

It turns out that the kiddos had a different plan. I was relegated to pack mule, hauling the sled back up the hill after each ride. (I put my foot down when they tried climbing onto the sled to be pulled up the hill.) It's a good thing that my leg has healed and my socket fits perfectly, because I certainly got a work out yesterday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment