About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 08, 2015

All I Want

Mother's Day is Sunday, and after the past week I can honestly say I don't care about getting breakfast in bed. I don't need flowers, nor do I need to be showered with adoration and presents. All I really want for Mother's Day is for my family to return to health.

There was a time when I felt that the worst thing in the world was being sick.  Then I became a Mom, and I experienced the horrible reality of watching your child suffer with a fever. I was sure that nothing could be worse. This week, I learned that the only thing worse than your child being sick is being rendered so incapacitated that you can't care for your sick child.

Thankfully I am now recovered enough to take care of the boys. (While I'm not 100%, I'm functional enough to muddle through until Scott comes home from work.) Robby is still fighting a fever and general fatigue and pain. I think another day or two of drinking water, taking naps and vegging out while watching Scooby Doo might be in order.

Timmy had an unexpected trip to the emergency room yesterday afternoon due to high fever and labored breathing.  The doctors were able to break his fever and provide medicine to help ease his breathing.  He slept all night, and I'm hopeful that he is on the mend.

Fingers crossed for a healthier weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment