About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Science Center

Deciding to keep the summer adventures going, yesterday I packed up the crew of curious kids and took them to the Science Center. Keeping with tradition, my Mom and I decided to keep the destination a secret. The kiddos only knew that they were going on another special adventure, but that it was within driving distance.  Needless to say, the excitement was contagious.

Robby was the only one who had experienced the interactive Science Center, allowing him to become a bit of a leader through the multi-level complex. After realizing that they were allowed to touch and interact with the exhibits, the kids quickly scattered, playing and interacting within the sections of their unique interest.  Of course, they all seemed to converge frequently at the hurricane room.

While the big kids were playing through the Center, Timmy and I stayed in "Toddler Town." My little explorer entered the gated utopia and immediately bypassed the toys and climbing structures, heading straight to the enormous water table. Within seconds he was splashing and giggling.

The smiles on their faces, along with Timmy's soaking wet clothes, confirmed the success of another one of Aunt Peggy's Special Adventures.

On a different note, I would appreciate all of my readers taking the time to sign this petition.  Prosthetic care is threatened for lower limb amputees, myself included. (Private insurers almost always follow Medicare's lead, so these proposed changes will eventually impact everybody in the community.)  Because I have previously utilized crutches, I could be denied a prosthetic in the future.  Please help the community by signing and sharing.  We need everybody's voice.






No comments:

Post a Comment