About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 19, 2016

Hawaiian Punch

I traveled to Pennsylvania with the best of intentions. I wanted to support my friend and pay my respects at the funeral of her mother. Despite my efforts and intentions, I failed miserably.

After checking into the hotel, I met up with her family for dinner. We had a wonderful time, and afterwards Tammy and I decided to go to my hotel for a drink. Being a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, I asked the bartender for something sweet. He came back with a concoction called "Hawaiian Punch Me In the Face." Unfortunately for everybody, I love Hawaiian punch. 

I haven't had a man hit on me for a really long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm happily married and not looking for any "extracurricular activities." That being understood, it is still nice to be reminded that somebody other than my husband finds me desirable.  Last night, sitting in the hotel bar, we had three different men approach and buy us drinks. 

Tammy was good (and smart) by drinking only coke after her first cocktail. Caught up in the moment, and knowing that I wasn't driving, I indulged in more Hawaiian punch than typically flows at a child's birthday party. Let me tell you, the name of the drink was apt. 

A friend will sit with you at a hotel bar and enjoy the attention of random men. A good friend will help you back to your hotel room when you enjoy one (or two or three) too many Hawaiian Punch Me in the Faces. A true friend, the kind of friend whom you know you will have in your life forever, is rare.  She will bag up your clothes, clean the vomit off the hotel room floor, take off your leg and tuck you into bed. 

Tammy is a true friend.

I am so embarrassed that I lost control last night. I am not a drinker, and to be honest I'm not quite sure what got into me. I would think about it more to try to decipher my actions, but to be honest my head is really hurting.

I don't think I'll ever drink Hawaiian Punch again.

1 comment:

  1. For the record, you asked for something "sweet and STRONG." Lightweight. xoxo

    ReplyDelete