About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

No Known Reasons

Between my leg jitterbug kicking all night and Timmy constantly waking up, last night was low on sleep. I have no reason to explain either factor although that hasn't stopped me from trying to figure it out. In the middle of the night while rocking an upset Timmy, my sleep deprived mind was churning.

I haven't changed sockets and I don't have any open sores on my leg so the typical jitterbug culprits aren't present. It is rainy, which sometimes impacts my leg nerves, but the weather has been wet for almost three weeks. My leg hasn't been impacted but perhaps a different weather front is at play.  In reality, I think it was just one of those weird amputee issues that pops up from out of nowhere to remind me that I shouldn't take the absence of pain for granted. 

As for Timmy's insomnia, I have even fewer theories. He didn't seem to be in pain, nor was he sick. His room wasn't too hot or cold, and he wasn't hungry or wet. The only way I could calm him back to sleep was to hold and rock him, so perhaps he was experiencing nightmares.

Whatever the reasons, it was a long night. We're in for yet another day of dreary weather which does not do anything to help my tired mood. Hopefully all of the stars will align, and we can both take a nap today.

No comments:

Post a Comment