About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Benefits and Happiness

I have found the constant inundation of negativity over the past week to be absolutely draining. Watching the news makes my anxiety rise to an almost unbearable degree. I know this for a fact because I bought myself a little gadget that buzzes whenever I become anxious. Lately the battery only lasts a few days because of the constant buzzing.

Social media has provided no refuge from the bad vibes. I have been disgusted by some of the rhetoric that some of my "friends" are spouting. I respect other viewpoints, but when the posts border upon the obscene due to blatantly inaccurate vitriol accusations, I take issue.  A few minutes after I logon, my little tracker starts buzzing and I am forced to log off and try to recenter my emotions.

I know that I'm not the only one who is tired of the negativity. In order to spread some good news, Dave and I decided to record an upbeat podcast. In this episode of Amp'd we counted  the top five benefits reaped because of our limb loss. It is not always easy to view limb loss as something positive, but there is always a humorous upside. Sometimes you just have to look harder to discover it. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment