About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Conference Wrap-Up

I had a great time at conference. I thoroughly enjoyed reconnecting and making new friends. Even though this was my eighth conference, I'm always amazed at the sense of acceptance and empowerment that I feel when I'm around such a large gathering of amputees. For a few days every year, it is refreshing to be in the majority!

Even though I had a wonderful few days away, it is nice to be home. The boys smothered me with hugs and kisses as soon as we were reunited. Timmy immediately began to squeal with joy and sung the tune to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" with glee. A true reflection to his excitement, Robby even stayed off the cell phone during the drive home. Scott, frazzled and tired, looked more relieved than happy when we were reunited.

Unlike most of the summer, this week we have no plans. We're staying home and relaxing. Our Summer of Awesome is starting to wind down (those back to school commercials are constant reminders that September is only a few weeks away), and while we don't have any grandiose plans, I'm sure we will squeeze in some local adventures. (Hopefully the rain will stop so we can return to the pool.)

The weather is dreary and wet today and I'm planning on using the afternoon finishing up laundry and working on some looming projects. Hopefully Timmy will be content with some cartoons and his trains. After the excitement of the past few weeks, I think we could all use some downtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment