About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Cookie Fun

I am so happy to again have a little baker in the house. Every afternoon Timmy runs into the kitchen, grabs the mixing bowl and asks to bake cookies. With such enthusiasm and a smile that brightens my heart, I just can't say no!  Scott's students are lucky this year as they are the recipients of most of our creations. 

Robby was home sick yesterday as he continued to battle a nagging cold. He had a fever and a headache, both of which were quickly eliminated with Tylenol. Unfortunately as soon as the Tylenol wore off both returned, knocking him down until the next dose took effect. I don't think it is fair to him or to his teacher to send him to school when he is sick, even when the fever is eradicated by the medicine.

In between doses he felt fine and even ventured into the kitchen to help with our baking. (I only let him crack eggs because I didn't want the goodies contaminated.) I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed having both boys helping me in the kitchen! If Robby hadn't been fighting a cold, the moment would have been perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment