About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 17, 2018

San Antonio

Robby and I had a fantastic weekend getaway. Even though the weather didn't cooperate, and we both had colds, we managed to pack a slew of adventures into a short period of time. When he looks back, I hope that he remembers the adventures and not the obstacles during our weekend trip.

I have to say, Robby was an absolute rockstar helping me work on Saturday. I was proud of the way that he helped me set up and spoke with people coming to our exhibit. He was polite and engaging. I was an incredibly proud Momom!

After our event was over on Saturday afternoon the weekend was ours to enjoy. We dropped our bags at the hotel and headed straight to the Alamo. We spent the day touring the grounds and meandering through the Guinness Book of World Records and Ripley Museums. We had planned on going out to eat along the Riverwalk, but by dinner time we were both feeling worn down. Instead, we headed back to the hotel and relaxed for the rest of the night. 

Sunday morning we took the double deck bus tour, stopping at the Mexican market to take in the sights and sounds. Robby was mesmerized by the smells and activity wafting through the vast market. Hopping off the bus was a spur of the moment decision, but I'm glad we decided to explore.  After the bus tour, we headed back to the hotel and packed up. 

The flight home was long but uneventful. Timmy was asleep when we arrived home, but he was beyond enthusiastic to see me this morning. He has been busy telling me about his adventures with Daddy (they went to his favorite playground twice) and was allowed to pick out a new balloon. It seems that both Chenoweth boys had a great weekend. 









No comments:

Post a Comment