About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Sleep Interrupted.

Yesterday morning I was up at 5 but not by choice. This time I wasn't awoken by an excited and precocious four-year-old; rather, I was roused by an uninvited phone call.  We received a robocall announcement from Scott's school, informing all staff of a credible threat made by a student. My mind immediately propelled into panic mode.

As my mind was conjuring the worst case scenarios I continued to listen to the announcement. The student who made the threat had been apprehended without incident. Talk about a whirlwind of emotions in a short period of time! I would have preferred to have been awoken by Timmy. He is far more predictable than a telephone call. 

Even though we were assured that the student was apprehended and that the school was deemed safe, and despite the assurances of an increase in police presence, it was hard for me to relax. My anxiety quickly turned to anger as I reflected upon now living in a society where school threats are becoming commonplace. 

My mood lifted through the day simply because I was distracted by work and my kids. As the night rolled around, my frustrated anger returned. Between the kids and work, I have so many good reasons to worry and fret. Worrying that my husband may be gunned down in a school should not be one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment