About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 08, 2019

Play and Rest

In an effort to find an activity that would both entertain Timmy and allow me to rest, I packed him up yesterday and took him to the Animal Park. He squealed with delight as we drove into the parking lot. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that it was a young Robby strapped into his car seat! The enthusiasm and love for the Animal Park are shared between the brothers.

Timmy took off running into the climbing structure as soon as we arrived. Thankfully he located some buddies, aka children about his age, and I was able to assume my position on the bench. While he ran, climbed, squealed with delight and played until he was a sweaty little mess, I was able to rest. I think we both got exactly what we needed out of the adventure for the day.

I'm feeling better today. Hopefully by the weekend, the last remnants of the cold will lift and I will be able to resume organizing my house. With me being on the injured reserve list for a few days, it feels like all of my tidying efforts from the past weekend were erased.









No comments:

Post a Comment