About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 02, 2019

Anxiety

Unless I can get a handle on my anxiety, today is going to be rough. For no discernable reason, I woke up this morning in full-blown fight or flight mode. My panic is in overdrive, and I can already sense that today will be a struggle. I abhor feeling this way!  

I am not sure why I find myself struggling with anxiety. I suspect it has something to do with menopause because I never had this issue before the hysterectomy. While things are certainly not ideal or perfect in my life, there is no overwhelming issue that would be causing this reaction. 

Even though I don't know the cause, but I do know that I'm tired of this struggle. I think I am going to add anxiety to the list of maladies I need to discuss with my doctor. I deserve to feel better and normal again. I have put off the discussion out of the hope that it would somehow self-correct, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Because of the kids, I'm not able to surrender to my anxiety. Regardless of how I'm feeling, the weather is supposed to be warm and gorgeous and they will want to play outside. Despite the fact that I want to curl under my covers and hibernate, I know that being outside in the sunshine will be good for me. Playing outside with the boys is usually the perfect remedy for my anxiety, and I'm hoping that today will be no different.  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment