About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 09, 2019

Bye Bye Timmy the Terrible

After bringing down the hammer on Timmy the Terrible, the destructive behavior seems to have subsided. I am not sure why we have been dealing with such atrocious behaviors, but I'm grateful to again be playing with my sweet little boy. Hopefully, we have seen the end of Timmy the Terrible's reign of mischief!

Yesterday was less than pleasant in our home. Timmy the Terrible pushed all boundaries and spent a great deal of time in time-out. His confiscated toy box is overflowing with prized treasures which won't be returned until he earns them back. Both of us shed tears (mine were private) as we struggled to reestablish behavior boundaries. I felt like the world's worst mom, but I knew that the response was necessary. 

By mid-afternoon, his misbehavior began to calm. Throughout the evening I saw the return of my sweet and funny little boy. It was almost as if a dark cloud lifted from him, revealing my normal Timmy. He was pleasant and helpful until it was time to go to bed. 

With such a marked difference in behavior, I'm beginning to wonder if the outbursts were spurred by his change in medication. I don't want to make excuses for his misbehavior, but perhaps there is an organic reason for his lack of control. I am definitely going to talk to his doctors' about his behaviors after his last injection.

With Timmy's behavior back in check, today I am going to roll the dice and visit an indoor playground. The weather is abysmal, with rain and dark clouds forecast throughout the day. Timmy has been chomping at the bit to play with buddies, and he should have ample opportunity on this yucky weather day.  I'm planning on bringing my computer and settling in at the playground because I have no intention of leaving until his energy has been completely depleted.


No comments:

Post a Comment