About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Rest and Play

After walking in excess of 20k miles every day at the airshow, my leg desperately needed a break. It is almost as if the universe recognized my pain because I woke up yesterday to dreary skies and steady rain. It was the perfect day to take Timmy to his favorite indoor playground, where he could run and play with other kids while I sat and rested in the parent's lounge. 

Timmy cheered when we turned into the parking lot and saw all of the cars. Apparently, a lot of other parents/ nannies had a similar idea, because the place was packed! Timmy ran inside, tossed his boots and took off running into the climbing structures. It didn't take him long to join a group of buddies. (I wish it was as easy for me to make friends, but I suppose that is a topic for a different blog.)  

My little explorer ran, played, climbed and jumped for four hours, emerging from the structures only to grab a french fry or a drink of water. While he was having fun and playing hard, I was able to slip off my prosthesis, prop up my leg and relax. Yesterday was definitely a win-win!

This morning my leg feels good and I am ready to tackle the world. Well, if not the world then at least the mountain of laundry in the corner of our bedroom. (It is amazing how a weekend away can create so much laundry, but again I digress.) Hopefully, I'll be able to get everything back in order and reorganized, because Scott's summer vacation starts on Friday. My life, including the house, always become chaotic during school vacations, so I would at least like to start with a semblance of organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment