About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 22, 2019

Hermit

After a week of being housebound with sick kiddos, yesterday I was finally able to leave the house. While staying quiet has done wonders for my ankle, I was beginning to go a little stir crazy cooped up inside. It was nice to finally have a reason to put on both pants and a bra!

I met my friend for lunch, which is something that I do far too infrequently. Spending time with my friends always does wonders for my perspective and my mood, but I never seem to find the time to get together. I am vowing to make more time for friends and for myself in the coming year. I am a better mom and wife when I find the time to just be a friend.

I tend to become a hermit, a result of both my antisocial tendencies and my situation. Holing up at home isn't good for anybody, especially me. I am so glad that I have friends who are both understanding when I retreat and greet me with open arms when I am able to get together.

While I enjoyed a quick lunch and a great conversation with my friend, Timmy played with new buddies on the playground. After seeing him sick all week, it was refreshing to witness his carefree and happy side. When he is healthy, he is such an energetic and spry little boy. I am hoping that his infusions will lead to more feel-good days in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment