About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Pool Side

Yesterday was busy with work in the morning and playing with Timmy in the afternoon. It was hot and humid which provided the perfect excuse to hang out in the pool with my littlest guy. Even though our pool is small, he still loves it and spends hours splishing and splashing each day. 

Because we are still actively social distancing, our recreation opportunities are limited. We are a water loving family, so having our public pools close has been difficult. (Although, in all honesty, we would not have gone this year anyway because of Covid.) Like so many other things, this summer will be different. But, different doesn't mean bad! I am determined to have an amazing summer with my family, even if I have to become more creative in my efforts.

I'm so glad that we decided to get the little pool this year. We were on the fence (well, Scott was on the fence) about having a blow up pool in the middle of our driveway, but it has provided the ideal summer activity for Timmy. He plays for hours and seems oblivious that his little oasis is relatively small. I guess it is small for adults, but for him it is perfect.

When the temperature is hot enough outside I join him in the pool to play and to cool off. He delights every time he sees me grab my swimsuit. I know that he won't always want to spend this much time with me, so I'm trying to soak in every moment of his adoration!  

Yesterday I spent a few hours playing volleyball and floating in the pool. Scott assumed the role of Cabana Boy, bringing cold drinks every 30-40 minutes and offering snacks and shade. Even though we were in our driveway, Timmy and I had as much fun as if we were in a tropical location.  

No comments:

Post a Comment