About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Grinchy BullSh*t

 I was optimistic that yesterday was going to be a better day. I meditated before I arose from bed and I was determined to remain patient and calm. Despite my best intentions, Circle Time broke through my fortress of calm, leaving me on edge and with raw anxiety.

Yesterday Timmy's class learned to draw the Grinch. This activity was announced on Monday and all of the kiddos were excited. I have to admit, as a Grinch fan, I was also intrigued. I've never been a talented illustrator and the prospect of being able to sketch one of my beloved characters piqued my interest.  Before class we gathered up all of the required art supplies and prepared to learn.

In past activities, Timmy's teacher guided the students through the activity with little problem. Yesterday, she played an instructional video on how to draw the Grinch, frequently pausing so that each student could catch up. Although the video was designed for a student, it was most certainly not intended for kindergarten. The artist spoke quickly and the video was lagging behind the audio. We tried to keep up, but it was nearly impossible.

Ten minutes into the video and frustrated that his lines did not resemble the artist's work, Timmy proclaimed, "This is some Grinchy bullsh*t." 

The next thing I heard was a little girl declare, "Timmy said a bad word." (We couldn't apologize because we were immediately muted.) Thankfully a little boy was melting down at the same time. He began throwing this crayons on the ground and screaming, "I'm not going to do this anymore."

Somehow we all managed through the remaining 20 minutes of the instructional video. I think everybody, including the teacher, was relieved when the activity was over. 




No comments:

Post a Comment