About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 29, 2021

Better!

For the first time in nearly a week, I slept soundly. The phantom pain, which had been visiting nightly, finally retreated. The absence of pain is liberating.

I can't remember ever suffering from phantom pain for such an extended period of time. During the days I was fine, but almost as soon as I took off my leg in bed the electricity started to shoot through my limb. I'd guess that I only slept 3-4 hours each night because of the constant shocking and jumping of my leg. 

Last night I slept for nearly 9 hours! It is amazing what a good night sleep can do for both the body and emotions. I am feeling better today. The frustration and stress that was weighing me down throughout the week has evaporated. I feel like myself again!

This weekend I'm going to focus on returning to normal and setting up my daily routine for success. I think I need to invest more time during the weekend to help make our days run smoother. Without the pain weighing me down, I feel energized and ready to tackle the challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment