About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

New Liner

 After nearly a year of walking around on piecemeal scraps meticulously placed each morning to create a functional liner, yesterday I received the most amazing package in the mail. I casually mentioned to my friend that I was frustrated about my tattered liners, and my frustrations about having to schedule multiple medical appointments to obtain a simple supply. To my surprise, she had the liners I wear in the back of her closet because they didn't work for her. She immediately packed them up and shipped them to me.

If we weren't in a pandemic, going to the doctor when I'm healthy would have been an inconvenience. With Covid running rampant in our community, walking into a physician office felt like an unnecessary risk. Because I wasn't willing to put myself or my family at risk, I have made due with what I had until the infection rates began to ease. I had no idea it was going to take a year!

Slipping on the new liner felt like an absolute luxury. I no longer have to carefully fix the pieces like a jigsaw puzzle. I can just slip it on and walk. Talk about feeling empowered!

They say it takes a village to raise a child. I have also come to learn that it takes a village to help an amputee maintain mobility and reach potential. I am so grateful for my village this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment