About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Mom Fail

My aspirations of having an orderly and organized week were shot out of the water yesterday morning. Friend, who had been scratching furiously throughout the night, needed to go to the vet because I suspected he had another ear infection. As I made the call for the appointment I ran through my schedule for the day trying to figure out what could be bumped and how to make everything fit. I eagerly accepted the appointment offered, immediately deciding that Robby could go to school in an Uber.

I went about my morning until it was appointment time. Before leaving the house I reminded Robby to keep him phone next to him because I would be sending the Uber to pick him up. Timed precisely for an 11 AM school drop-off I confidently ordered the Uber while waiting for the vet to see Friend. After ordering the Uber I remember feeling like an accomplished schedule juggler. 

As suspected, Friend has an ear infection. He was treated and we came home with enough time for me to send a few emails before I needed to head out to pick up Robby from school. Fast forward 20 minutes and I was in the car rocking out to Christmas songs and feeling extremely organized. 

It was only 11:45 and I was pulling into the school parking lot when I suddenly remembered that his class runs from 12-1, not from 11-12. Not only was I an hour early, but I paid an Uber to drive Robby to school so that he could sit and wait for over an hour for his class. 

Talk about a Mom Fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment