About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Taxes

 Yesterday morning I woke up in a panic as I realized that our taxes were due.  The chaos of my brother's death made trying to navigate TurboTax unnecessarily frustrating in April, so I opted for the October extension. We've always known that the deadline was looming but, as it always seems to happen in our family, life intervenes and we became busy. Thankfully we still made the filing deadline (with 13 hours to spare) and a crisis was averted.

It probably doesn't need to be said, but I hate filing taxes.

While I was working through the forms, Timmy returned to school after his fall break. He had a great time but I think he was happy to be reunited with his friends. He chatted through much of his lunch break and was late logging out of school because he was "hanging with his homies." His interest and enthusiasm for school has been growing as the year progresses. He loves his new teacher and his classmates. I'm glad that we will be able to keep him in the program when we move because it will be something stable and familiar.

With the taxes filed, today we will return our attention to packing.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment