About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Big Four Year Old

Happy Birthday to my favorite little man. It is hard to believe that Robby is now four years old!

When he was a newborn, everybody told me to cherish every moment because they grow up so quickly. I listened politely and nodded in agreement, but it isn't until today that I think I fully understood. It seems like just yesterday that I was bringing him home from the hospital, scared because he seemed so fragile and I was such an inexperienced Mommy.

Today he is not nearly as fragile, but I still want to protect him. He wears scrapes and bug bites like badges of honor. He is sturdier, but I continue to worry about my parenting abilities. I suppose that will never change.

Happy Birthday Robby. You are growing up. I beg you to stay little, but you aren't listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment