About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Conquering the World... Or the Conference

I had a difficult time saying goodbye to Robby. We tried to make my exit as non-eventful and enjoyable as possible, which seemed to be working until Scott pulled into the airport drop-off zone. My little boy then began to cry, begging to come to work with me. I smothered him with kisses and waved as they began to drive away. I have to admit that I teared up when Robby rolled down the window and yelled "I love you, Mommy. We will still be best buddies."

Other than saying goodbye, the travel was remarkably easy. I encountered no difficulties and the entire experience was relatively pleasant. I am now in California, checked into my hotel and ready for the adventure the lies ahead during the next few days.

Despite nine hours of traveling, I feel energized and excited. I can't wait to start meeting with attendees and to visit with friends. Perhaps it is intuition or maybe just wishful thinking, but I feel as if great things might be lying right around the corner. I am not sure what, but I know that I am open to new opportunities and eager to grow this blog and amputeemommy.com. Hopefully I will be able to connect with others who believe in me and what I have to contribute.

So many people have helped me to prepare for this trip. Scott, although nervous, is assuming the reigns at home. I know that Robby is happy and I suspect his tummy is filled with ice cream and junk food. My Mom has supported my venture since its inception. She ordered a custom cookie mold and baked several dozen cookies for me to distribute to my Ossur friends. You know you're loved when somebody makes you cookie bears with a prosthetic!

My friend Tammy designed my new logo for amputeemommy.com. She also designed magnets and buttons which will be set out to try to grow my readership. Wish me luck, and I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment