About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fan Page

Almost a year ago I started the AmputeeMommy Fan Page on Facebook. Much like this blog, it has been slow to take off. I had a vision of creating a supportive community for amputees where support, advice and friendship was fostered. For months I was the only member posting on the wall, always thrilled when somebody wrote a response.

Just as I continued blogging when I was fairly certain my only readers were my mom and mother-in-law, I tried to keep the Fan page active despite the lackluster response. I was beginning to lose hope, but I am nothing if not stubborn and persistent! Finally, about three months ago the page started to turn a corner.

I am thrilled with the activity the page has been receiving. The support that it is garnered for those who reach out to celebrate victories and setbacks is heartwarming and affirming. The videos and photos that have been posted are uplifting and have made me smile- even on days when Robby Rotten has been wreaking havoc!

I am proud that my goal for the Fan page is being realized. Finally, after a year, we have created an uplifting, encouraging and loving place where amputees of all experience levels and from all backgrounds can meet and share encouragement and ideas. Thank you for making this possible!

Scott works diligently to make sure that the place remains "safe" and void of unsavory devotees. If you are looking for friends who understand and are ready to offer a cheering section, check us out! There is always room for more encouraging and loving fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment