About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Human Barometer

 Robby and Scott both went to school yesterday only to be released three hours later due to weather. While seemingly every other parent was up in arms with the decision, I was relieved with the decision. The mere thought of driving on icy roads puts me into a tailspin of panic and anxiety. I have definitely grown wiser and more respectful of weather as I am aging.  

With everybody home for an early afternoon, I surrendered my tidying ambitions for the day. Timmy was delighted with the sudden return of his Daddy and brother.  He quickly transformed every room into the Island of Sodor with trains and tracks in just about every space possible. Robby happily hopped onto the computer and Scott climbed into bed to watch television. Somehow everybody took the early dismissal as a vacation. Except for me, who was left juggling work reports with making and cleaning up after dinner.  Oh well, at least I didn't have to clean as well!

Delaying my post-holiday de-cluttering was probably a good thing. As the rain began to move into the area, my leg began to ache. Unfortunately, my body is the best barometer ever! I can predict precipitation and temperature fluctuations with more accuracy than the Weather Channel.  I wasn't in enough pain to keep me sidelined, but I was acutely aware of each step. 

Today the boys have a delayed opening. It is safe to say that they are quite fond of the harsh weather thus far. Considering that it is only the beginning of January, I suspect that this could turn into a very long winter for this Mom! Rest assured, I'll probably know when the weather is going to turn before the meteorologists.

No comments:

Post a Comment