About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 17, 2020

Swimming

I just realized that yesterday's blog failed to post. My apologies. I am really off my tech game this week.  Hopefully the weekend will allow me to recenter and refocus. 

Traveling always leaves me feeling discombobulated. The feelings are even more intense after a long trip to Ohio. Between the ordeal of traveling and being away from my comfort zone, it takes me a few days for me to regain my footing after we return.  

Yesterday was precisely what my soul needed to recenter. I worked through the morning and spent the afternoon in the pool with Timmy. Our pool may be little and made of plastic, but it is a summer utopia for my little fishy. He spends hours splashing and playing. He loves nothing more than when I agree to hop into the pool with him.  

Today will be hot (again), so I suspect that I will again be in our little pool. I'm lobbying Scott to get a larger, semi-permanent pool installed. I'm looking at a 16 foot by 48 inch above ground set-up, which is large enough for us all to enjoy. Wish me luck with my convincing!




No comments:

Post a Comment