About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa Excitement Gone Wrong...

This morning, at about 4 AM I heard Robby sneak out of his bedroom. I thought he was going to come to our room, which has been his usual pattern. When he didn't make the turn into our room, I listened harder to try to determine what he was doing. I assumed that the cookies were in danger!

I heard him start to cry. I immediately put on my leg and went running towards the sobbing. I found Robby lying under the Christmas tree, nearly inconsolable.

In the "Santa Excitement" Robby became confused with the time line of events. He thought that Santa was supposed to come last night. Through his tears he kept saying that he was a "good boy" and that Santa "forgot him."

It absolutely broke my heart. I scooped him up, gave him a cup of milk and tried to explain that Santa doesn't come until tonight. We need to go through an entire day, and when the sun goes to sleep and the moon comes out to play with the stars, Santa will come.

With his cheeks red and tear marked, he smiled and said, "Oh yeah. Santa come tonight. Promise Momom? Promise?" With my explanation accepted, Robby immediately walked back to his room and is now sound asleep.

I have been awake, thinking about my sweet little boy. I hope that I will be able to soothe all of his pain with a few words and a simple explanation. I think I'll take advantage of the quiet and wrap some gifts.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment