About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 12, 2010

One Angry Leg

Well, it looks like March is presenting me with a Lion day tomorrow. The forecast is calling for torrential rains with a total of two to three inches. I think my special animal park day will be postponed.

I certainly didn't need to watch the 6:00 news to know that it was going to rain. My stump has been aching all day. I started the day with my leg being sore, but my ability to get around wasn't affected. Robby and I even went to House of Bounce for the afternoon.

Ninety minutes of running around inside a MoonBounce, combined with the approaching storm, has caused the initial discomfort from this morning to morph into full blown pain. Scott noted my significant limp this evening and I kept my movements to a minimum. The nerves in my leg are angry!

I hate being an amputee on nights like this. The simple task of walking to the bathroom is painful. I actually find myself debating about whether or not walking somewhere is worth it. I even let Robby take a 45 minute bath tonight just so I didn't have to chase him around the house. My poor little prune skinned boy!

I am hoping that resting tonight will help alleviate the pain in my leg. My leg is off and I have no plans of putting it back on. Unfortunately, I suspect that the pain will continue to linger until the weather changes completely.

Robby will still have a special day tomorrow. Only instead of running around the animal park chasing his beloved goat friends, we will be curled up in bed watching "The Rescuers" while eating popcorn all day. Right now, that seems like the perfect alternative on a rainy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment