About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Brownies

Yesterday was not my best day. Robby was full of energy and exceptionally needy. He required constant entertainment and he never stopped moving. We spent four hours playing outside, but it only seemed to energize him. By the time Scott came home from work, I was utterly drained.

I suppose that if I had slept well the night before I might have had more energy to keep up with Robby Rotten. I was worried that I would be dreaming about spiders when I went to sleep. Thankfully, the spiders stayed away from dreaming mind, but I did dream that I was drowning in a huge vat of brownie batter. Yummy, delicious and thick chocolate gooey goodness was surrounding me, and I had no choice but to eat myself free. Can you tell that I went to bed hungry?

I woke up tired and craving chocolate like a woman possessed. I remained strong and stuck to my diet, but depriving myself made me cranky. Scott coming home and requesting that I "whip up" a chocolate cake or a tray of brownies for a student certainly didn't help!

With Robby jitterbugging all over my last nerve and the tempting odor of brownies wafting through the house, I knew I had to get away. I wanted to be alone, if only for a few minutes. After all, everybody deserves some alone time during the day, even a stay at home mom! I grabbed my keys and told Scott that I needed to run to the grocery store.

He rose off the couch (where he had been lounging since he came home from work) and offered to go in my stead. Wanting to be alone and in an environment that did not smell like heavenly baked goods, I thought quickly.

Okay, I lied. But I was desperate and needed some breathing room. I told Scott that I needed some feminine ointments and suppositories. He began to lay back down on the couch as soon as the words "yeast infection" crossed my lips. I felt almost giddy as I walked into the garage by myself!

By the time I returned home, the house still smelled good, but the urge to gorge had passed. The brownies made it to Scott's student intact, and Robby Rotten went to bed early. I know that lying is not admirable, but sometimes it is needed out of self-preservation! I figure I would either feel guilty because I ate an entire tray of chocolate brownies, or I would feel bad for lying to my husband. Scott will get over it a lot quicker than it would have taken me to burn the calories had I eaten the brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment