About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings

The following paragraph is meant to be sung to the tune "Over the River" (from Snoopy's Thanksgiving)
"Over the river and through the woods, to Nana's house we go. Momom knows the way, to drive the SUV but the traffic is so slow. Over the river and through the woods oh how the leaves do blow. They fall all around as the season abounds so who cares if we have to drive slow."

I love Thanksgiving. Not only do I get to eat a gluttonous meal without guilt (calories don't count on holidays) but I get to spend time with my family. I may be biased, but I believe that I have the best family in the universe! Not only do we all get along, but we all genuinely like each other.

Scott and I have been talking with Robby about the holiday. We've read him books about the first Thanksgiving dinner and have been talking to him about counting his blessings. We decided that, this year, we would each list the top five things for which we are thankful.

This year, I am thankful for:
1. My family
2. the love and support of my friends
3. the health of my loved ones
4. exciting professional adventures
5. the ability to stay home with Robby


Scott is thankful for:
1. His family
2. that everybody is healthy
3. a job that he likes
4. hugs from Robby when he comes home from work
5. his wife's good cooking

Robby is still learning to master how to count. I think the concept of "five" alluded him. This year, Robby is thankful for:
1. Mommy and Daddy
2. Charlie (his cat) and Sophie (my cat)
3. Nana, Candy Papaw and Grandma
4. Mr. Bill
5. cookie dough
6. vanilla ice cream
7. Momom's running leg
8. sticks
9. dirt
10. worms and bugs
11. glow in the dark light sticks at night
12. bubbles
13. burping and "tooting" at the table with Daddy

I hope that everybody has a fantastic Thanksgiving. If you are driving, please be safe. If you are flying, good luck with TSA! Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment