About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

By 6:15 this morning, all of the presents were unwrapped and my living room looked like a paper tornado had landed! Robby was excited about all of his gifts, but squealed when the coveted "Criss Cross Crash" was opened. He immediately asked his Daddy to help him put it together.

As Robby was happily skipping through the living room, looking at his new treasures, Scott set out to assemble the HotWheels toy. One look at the parts that were included in the box and we both knew that something was wrong.

Despite the box being factory sealed, Robby did not receive Criss Cross Crash. He now has the box for Criss Cross Crash filled with a few pieces of another HotWheels set. Unfortunately all of the pieces for the incorrect set are not included either, so he basically received a few pieces of useless plastic.

Robby handled the disappointment better than his parents. Scott and I are both sad for him and upset. There is nothing that we can do to rectify the situation today so we put the box out of sight.

He loves his other toys and is happily engrossed playing. There is a gentle snow falling outside, and everything looks beautiful. Despite the Criss Cross mix-up, it has been a wonderful morning.

Snowman and Santa shaped pancakes are being requested by both boys, so I to work my culinary magic.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Robby. How did you explain it to him? Let me see, Santa's elves were really tired one night and they mixed up the toys? Maybe, the elves had too much holiday eggnog? I could go on and on....I really enjoy reading your blog and wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second pic, the happy content face and the beautiful snow outside the window--here we had 70 degree weather so snow wasn't an option :0( Would have loved to sit and look out the window at the snow for awhile! My day was so busy with family, cooking and cleaning, I don't think I got 5min to sit and just enjoy. But today I will make up for it! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete