About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

I Would Like to Win... Please Help

Last month I received an email from a friend encouraging me to enter a contest that was offering a blogging position (with a $100,000 salary) to the winner. Typically I don't pursue these competitions because I figure I don't have a chance.

For some reason, I felt compelled to enter. At the time I reasoned that I had nothing to lose except a few minutes of my time, and since I was bored at that moment, time wasn't a particularly highly valuable commodity. I filled out the required fields and hit "enter" without much thought.

To my delight my ranking in the competition rose quickly. I asked my friends on Facebook to vote, and within a few days I was number 2 in the state. My competitive nature kicked in, and I decided that I wanted to become number 1 in my state.

The first phase of the competition ended on Monday, and at that time my ranking was wafting between 1 and 2. I have the feeling that very few votes separate me from my closest competitor. I am now in the semi-final round, and I am asking for your help. No need to worry, I have no intentions of stopping this blog should I win.

I'm beginning to feel like I actually have a chance in this contest. I have found myself dreaming during the early hours in the morning about how the $100,000 salary would change our lives. For starters, our roof could be fixed so it doesn't rain in my bedroom. I have been trying to imagine how my ceiling will look without the various holes. Robby and I had so much fun splashing in his little blow up pool during the summer. Can you imagine how much we would love having a real pool?

I don't know if I can win this contest, but I know that I want to give it my best effort. Voting takes place daily between now and November 30th. You can vote everyday, and I will be posting a link to the site at the end of every blog post to make it easier. No registration is necessary, and no information is solicited. It will only take a moment of your time everyday. I would really appreciate the support!
http://www.cheapsally.com/profile/peggy-chenoweth/

No comments:

Post a Comment