About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Shrinking Jeans

After weeks of unseasonably warm temperatures, there is no doubt that winter is upon us. It's getting colder everyday. Yesterday I finally broke down and packed up my comfy capris and t-shirts, lugged my jeans and sweaters up from the basement, and resigned myself to winter.

I am seriously contemplating moving our bed downstairs. After all, there is something magical in the air that makes everything shrink. My jeans, which fit fine when I packed them away this past spring, are now uncomfortably snug. Obviously, they have shrunk!

Or, perhaps I have indulged in a few too many Christmas treats. While I would prefer to blame the clothes, in reality the culprit lies with my growing bum. I had not intended to make weight loss a New Year's resolution, but my unwearable magic shrinking jeans have added it to my list.

I have worked too hard to shed the weight I gained after my amputation. I also know that, unless I'm vigilant, the pounds can creep back on. I've purged my pantry of all of my baked goods by pawning them off on my neighbor. Mr. Bill was a little surprised when I showed up at his house with Robby's wagon packed with treats, but he didn't complain!

I've stocked my fridge with fresh veggies, yogurt and a big pot of brown rice. I'm going to start riding again (I took a brief hiatus during the holidays) and I am investigating adding a strength training component to my workout. I'm not going to go crazy with fitness because the last thing I need right now is a sports injury!

Per my original resolution this year, I am not going to beat myself up over my recent hiccup. I have vowed to release some of the pressure I place upon myself. I am giving myself credit for recognizing the issue before it has become a huge (no pun intended) problem. Time to start sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment