About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Mission Impossible

Tomorrow morning Scott, Robby, and I will be waking up in downtown Philadelphia. I've been invited to speak at the Challenged Athletes/ Ossur Mobility Clinic, and I couldn't be more thrilled. The fact that I have Scott and Robby to accompany me on this speaking venture makes it all the more special.

I always become near frantic before any speaking engagement, and preparing for this event has been no different. Knowing that I was going to be standing and speaking to hundreds of people while wearing some form of spandex has sent me into a near panic. Yesterday I spent two hours perusing the athletic apparel section of various stores, desperate to find a pair of work out pants that would slim my rear, accentuate my waist and fall below the knee to hide the unsightly muffin top that has developed between my knee and socket. Talk about mission impossible!

Out of desperation I finally settled on a pair of black Bermuda-style shorts, opting to ignore the suggested attire email I received earlier in the week. With my jiggling bum properly disguised, I think I'll be able to concentrate on delivering my speech. Of course, I have to write it first!

I have known about this event for several weeks, yet I have devoted no time to formulating my speech. I'm hoping that I am good "off the cuff" because that is what it is going to happen if I don't start composing soon. Thankfully I have an outline of the points I want to cover. I just need to sit down and dedicate an hour or two to fill in the details. "Stop procrastinating" has now been moved to the top of my To Do list.

Wish me luck tomorrow! I'm going to have Scott video the speech (if I ever get it written) and I will post it over the weekend. Hopefully I don't completely embarrass myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment