About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 03, 2014

Weekend Project

I have to admit that I'm a tinge sad when I think of this Christmas break drawing to a close. It has flown by so quickly and, although we didn't go anywhere or do anything extravagant, we had a wonderful time. It feels like just a few days ago that I was hosting Robby's school party, eagerly anticipating 16 days of vacation bliss. After this weekend both boys will return to school, and our routine will begin again.

I'm a little deflated when I think of the house being quiet again, but I am looking forward to reclaiming the space. My first project, hopefully to be completed this weekend, will be to de-Christmas everything. The decorations were beautiful and festive when they were put out in November, but now I want the space back and I'm growing tired of the clutter.

Charlie Cat is going to dearly miss the tree which he climbs daily in his quest to knock every decoration from the branches. The super glue hair mats, which developed when he rolled in an art project during the summer, have now been replaced with tree sap mats. Every few days I wrap Charlie in a towel so that I can cut out the fur clumps.  If I don't get rid of the evergreen soon, the cat will be bald!

The weather is forecast to be bitterly cold during the next few days providing me with the perfect excuse to stay indoors. With both boys still home, I think this weekend will be the perfect time to put them to work taking down and stowing the decorations. I doubt that they will be happy with my project, but I can handle the whining. I'll just consider my tuning it out as practice because I expect to hear a seemingly endless stream of complaints from both as they prepare to return to school on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment