About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

First Day of School!!

After much debate, Robby finally settled on his back to school outfit. He was torn between a turtle shirt, handmade for him by a friend, and an outfit his Nana bought for him. He finally decided to wear Nana's outfit because he was worried that her feelings would be hurt if he didn't wear it for its intended purpose.  The coveted Koopa shirt will proudly be worn to school on Wednesday.

I'm not going for drastic changes, but this year I am going to try to be more organized. I venture to guess that Robby only made it to school on time a dozen times last year after Timmy was born. Typically habitually prompt, I just couldn't seem to adjust our routine to accommodate Timmy's needs. This year will be different, and my little learning Koopa will arrive on time everyday.  At least, that is my goal!

It is hard to believe that Robby is starting the third grade! I remember dropping him off for Kindergarten like it was yesterday. I will never forget the tears and the pleas to stay as I left him in his classroom. I'll also always remember scaling the fence and hiding behind a bush so that I could spy in his classroom window. 

Three years have passed since that horrible morning, and I would like to think that both Robby and I have evolved. He is excited about going to school, largely because of his success from last year. This is the first time he will be going to the same school for the second year, and I am thankful for that consistency. With so much change in our lives, it is nice that this September school can be a comfortable constant. 

Even though I am not feeling my stereotypical dread, I will admit to having some butterflies. I'm excited and nervous for Robby. I know that he is going to have a fantastic year, and I can't wait to watch him grow and learn.  My mind is already swirling with my Room Mom possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment