About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Well, one of my boys favorite days has finally arrived.  Please know that when I say boys I'm not referring to Timmy. Although I'm sure he will grow to love the holiday, he is too little to appreciate the spectacular fun of donning a costume and canvasing the neighborhood to beg for candy. 

Scott loves Halloween as much, if not more, than Robby. In fact, he put dibs on the holiday when I was pregnant with Robby. Wearing coordinating costumes with his child was, in essence, non-negotiable. Although the pair sometimes lets me tag along, there is no doubt that Trick-or-Treating is a father/son activity.

This year the pair becomes a trio with the inclusion of Timmy. I was a little concerned about Robby sharing this special time with his baby brother, but was pleasantly surprised by the ease of acceptance.  In August Robby began to fret that I wouldn't get Timmy a costume. It turns out when it comes to coordinating costumes and Trick-or-Treating, Robby was excited about the expanded possibilities and increased candy haul. 

I'll post this year's costume this evening, after the triad is full dressed and ready to conquer the neighborhood.  In the meantime, I wanted to share our costume history.  Every time I look at these photos a smile comes across my face!









No comments:

Post a Comment