About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is one of my favorite days of the year. Although I love Christmas, there is something magical about Thanksgiving. The smells of the turkey roasting in the kitchen mingling with the laughter from my cousins laughing in the living room makes me feel happy and loved.

This year, looking at Timmy and Robby together, I realize that counting my blessings would be impossible. I have so much to be thankful for and I wouldn't be able to name them all without bringing myself to the point of exhaustion.  I am so incredibly lucky.

Timmy is my little miracle. He was conceived against all odds, and although he was born early he is now thriving. Being his Momom is one of the greatest blessings in my life.

Robby has grown into an amazing big brother. Although he has had some growing pains as he adjusted to the new role, he has made me so proud. I love and adore him beyond description.

Scott is a wonderful husband and father. He is strong where I am weak and we have come to compliment each other. This has been a difficult year, but he has stood by my side and supported me throughout all of the struggles, surgeries and pain.  

My Mom is simply amazing. She exudes unconditional love and grace. I don't have the words to express how much her love and support have meant to me. She is my role model and my biggest cheerleader. If I can be half the mother she is I know I will be doing right by my boys. 

Today my heart is overflowing today with gratitude. The year has not been easy, but this Thanksgiving I am celebrating being a Mom to two. I have an amazing support system of family and friends. I have no doubt that I would have been lost had I not had them. 

Happy Thanksgiving!





No comments:

Post a Comment