About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 28, 2014

Shopping!

My goodness yesterday was busy. It felt like I was in constant motion from the moment I woke up until I finally fell into bed at night. It's a good thing that my leg has fully recovered, allowing me to be mobile and help my Mom host everybody for Thanksgiving!

Scott and I began the day with an early morning trip to Kmart. We made the trip despite the fact that we didn't really need anything, mainly because it is tradition. Being alone is a rare luxury, and we decided to take full advantage of the opportunity by going out for breakfast. I think the last time we had breakfast without kids was last Thanksgiving. 

As soon as we arrived back at my Mom's we began working to get everything together. Tables needed to be set, chairs needed to be arranged and side dishes needed to be prepared. Luckily we had lots of eager little helpers!

After the visitors arrived the day became a blur. Thankfully I had lots of adults anxious to hold and love on Timmy, freeing me up to help in the kitchen. By the time everybody left my little baby was exhausted from entertaining all of his older cousins.

Yesterday was busy but wonderful. Although I was in constant motion, I wouldn't have had it any other way.  After the difficult summer, I'm so grateful that I'm in a position to be able to help my Mom.

Now we're off to brave the Black Friday sales.  Hopefully I'm not pressing my luck by joining the hoards of bargain hunters this morning.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment