About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Preparations Can Wait


Yesterday was rough. Timmy was on his third day of not feeling well, demanding near constant cuddling and holding. I can't blame him because I know that cradled in my arms was the only comfortable breathing position he could find. I enjoyed holding and loving on him, but after hours of sitting and holding him in the rocker, I began to fret about my looming (and unattended) holiday to-do list.

Halfway through the third sappy Hallmark movie, I decided to embrace the chaos. My Mom and my sister are the only ones visiting for Christmas dinner. They are both well aware of my housekeeping priorities, so I didn't really need to spend an afternoon stashing the clutter to feign some sort of Martha Stewart lifestyle. Please don't get me wrong; my house is not dirty; It is just full. 

I fully intended to purge at least one bag of trash a day, but to be completely honest, the movement never took off. I became distracted and busy with family and work. I consoled myself after missing the first day by vowing to clean out two bags the next day. The promises have snowballed, and now I must be 20 bags in arrears. So much for good intentions!

I will start back with my cleaning resolution in the New Year. In the meantime, I am going to spend Christmas Eve baking cookies and playing with my kids. The clutter can wait because, in this moment, I would rather focus on getting ready for Santa's visit tonight!

On a side note, Robby has been invited to participate in a HuffPostLive Chat today at 1:30. He will be posing questions, on behalf of all children, to Christmas "experts." If you want to watch him (either live or archived) the webchat can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment