About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Buzz

Yesterday was wonderfully exhausting.  I was able to enjoy several cups of coffee before Scott and Robby woke up allowing me some quiet time with Timmy before the chaos ensued. At the time I was anxious for the festivities to begin. In retrospect I am glad that I was able to enjoy the calm before the unwrapping storm.

Robby and Timmy both loved their surprises from Santa. Timmy happily sat in his new wagon while his big brother unwrapped presents. I took him for a ride later in the morning and he giggled the entire time. Needless to say, I think I'm going to log hundreds of miles pulling the little red wagon through the neighborhood in the coming years.

Robby received an electric scooter from Santa this year. Although he was initially hesitant (he isn't much of a daredevil), he quickly learned how to ride. By the end of the day he was whizzing up and down the driveway like a pro.

I was excited to host Christmas dinner this year. Although it was only my Mom and sister (in addition to our little family), this was the first major holiday I have been allowed to host. I was nervous, but in the end it went well. I wanted to keep the menu simple but nice, so I served prime rib, baked potatoes and asparagus.

It wasn't until dinner was served that I learned that I had failed to reach the requisites for a "feast."  According to Robby, the absence of chicken downgraded our meal from feast to dinner. I did think quickly and pulled a bucket of left over fried chicken out of the fridge. My little Koopa seemed happy with the effort and reinstated "feast" status.

Although we didn't really do anything grand for the holiday, we were all exhausted by the time the sun set. I love holidays, but I feel like I need a vacation when they are over! Perhaps my Mom, in her infinite wisdom, was able to foresee my need to escape. She surprised me with a portable hot tub for Christmas! Since I can't seem to get to a spa, she brought the spa to me.  I can't wait to set it up and take it for a test soak.











No comments:

Post a Comment