About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

A Turn of the Wrench

One of the benefits of working for your prosthetist is constant access to top notch care. Yesterday I had to run to the office to deliver some business cards and reports. Almost as soon as I walked into the office, Elliot picked up Timmy and instructed me to walk down the hallway. My leg felt okay, but apparently my gait was off. He quickly pulled out his wrench and began working on my alignment.

Although I walked into the office feeling fine, I left feeling the subtle spring in my step that I had been missing. I spent the rest of the day running errands and working around the house. Not once did my leg feel sore or tired!

I thought I had been doing well, so I am astounded at how much better I feel after such a small adjustment.  I've been an amputee for more than a decade, and I continue to be left in awe when I think about the impact that subtle changes within a socket or with the alignment can yield on the entire body. I'm so glad that I had to fight traffic to go to the office yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment