About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 03, 2015

Prosthetic Discovery

Timmy is crawling, pulling up and cruising like a champion. He is both adorable and mischievous, taking the slightest lapse in attention as an opportunity to get into something. It turns out that he has quite the pallet for pet food, which judging by his actions is his snack du jour. 

He is not only my little mischief maker but he is also an amateur spelunker, loving to crawl into tight spaces and between legs. Unfortunately his coordination is not entirely honed and he often bumps his head against whatever he is exploring. Needless to say, he discovered my prosthetic with his face when venturing through my leg tunnel.  Unlike everybody else, my leg is hard and leaves a mark when headbutted. 

Poor little Hamlet! He seemed so confused by the experience, as if he was trying to figure out why one leg was hard and the other soft. I know that he isn't able to rationalize the oddity, but it definitely looked like he knew something was amiss.  I suspect that this little bump will be the first of many prosthetic encounters in his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment